SILENT BEACON SETUP SCREEN
(For instructions for older version of the iPhone App click here )
Hello, if you are reading this you have either downloaded or are thinking about downloading Silent Beacon, the number one safety app on the iTunes app store (and soon to be Android). Here are instructions on how to setup the app along with an explanation of each feature. Please keep in mind both Location Services and Push Notifications need to be turned on for this app to function properly. Check your general phone settings to turn these on.
Register – Step 1
- Name – Enter your name, this information is used to let the people you save as Emergency Contacts know who is alerting them.
- Phone Number – Your phone number is the root of how this App works. Enter your cellular number, this is how the app interacts with your Contacts and sends alerts.
(Country Codes can be selected from the left hand side by touching the +1)
- Email – This field is not necessary but will help you if you need help or send out emails to your Contacts during an alert.
Register – Step 2
A 4 digit code is going to be sent to your phone, please make sure you have enabled text messages. You can type in directly or cut and paste from the text. Save the number that shows up so you will know it is Silent Beacon if your Contact goes into alert mode.
SILENT BEACON MAIN MENU
Blue Alert Button
This button is the heart of the safety app. When faced with an emergency press this button. It will then send the alerts to loved ones and the emergency personnel you have selected in the Contacts page.
The button will turn red and chime (if your audio is on) letting you know the emergency alerts have been sent.
- My Information- Allows you to edit your name, phone number and email address. This page also shows you, your current GPS location in case you need information on where you are.
- Message Setup – Here is the area where you can customize your emergency Text, Email and nudge messages. This is what your Contacts will see when you are in alert mode.
- Instructions Page – If you are reading this, you are on the Instructions Page!
- Logout- This feature allows you logout of the app, just incase you want to delete it from your phone or re-install once you receive a new mobile phone number.
- Mute Sounds- Gives you the freedom to turn off the sounds associated with this application.
SAFETY APP CONTACT SCREEN
This is the page where your Emergency Contacts are stored. You can see who needs help, who is connected and you may edit each listing by clicking the right side icon. Below is information on each part of this page.
Top right plus sign +
Pressing the plus sign will bring you to the add contact page. This is where you can add a new contact manually or from your phones address book.
Left side Beacon Icons
On the left side of this screen you can see a gray/blue or red beacon icon. Below is the meaning of each.
Right side info Icon
On the right side of this screen you can see a white outlined icon. Each Contact will have the (I) symbol in the icon. If you have set Call Feature on within the Contacts Detail screen the icon will have a ‘phone ringing’ symbol which lets you know this Contact will be called when you press the alert.
SAFETY APP CONTACT DETAILS
This section fills in the Contacts personal details. First and Last name, their phone number and email address. The email address field is not required but will help if your Contact does not have phone access at work. The Contact can be emailed when you alert them and sent your GPS location. Your country code is selected using the scroll wheel.
This portion of the Contact page allows you to toggle on and off the notification methods. The toggle is on when it is in blue, off is in white.
- Call Number – Sets this Contact as the number dialed when the Silent Beacon is in alert mode.
- Text Messaging – Allows this Contact to receive an alert via text that you need help. This is good for older phones and non-smart phones.
- Push Notifications – When activated this feature allows your Contact to receive notifications of your alert (user must have a smartphone).
- Email Notifications – This will allow your Contact to receive an email with your alert and GPS location. This feature helps if your Contact is in a workplace where their phone is not readable available.
- Nudge – This feature allows your Contact to be nudged. Nudge is a non-emergency alert that is sent to ‘check in’ or let someone know you are OK.
Actions are clickable functions within the app.
- Show Map – This allows you to view the Contact’s map if they themselves are in an emergency.
- Resend Instructions – An email will be sent to the Contact allowing them to setup the app in their own phone or finding out more about Silent Beacon.
- Delete Contact – Pressing this will delete this Contact from your Silent Beacon safety app.